Saturday 7 December 2013

Outside Looking In (My Short Film)

Hey everyone, I know its been a while everything's been a bit hectic with uni and the business however I have had a very few busy months since I last spoke! One of the main things was my short film I created for "The Scottish Mental Health and Arts Film Festival" which will also be used next year in belmont cinema as well as a few others which are in the talks right now! The film is also going to be available on the festivals official site as well as Penumbra's the charity which I had collaborated with on the project. This film "outside looking in" looks at real life stories surrounding mental health, all real people and the struggles and stigma faced in todays society. This film meant more to me than you can possibly imagine, it made me really look at myself and my own struggles. I can't thank enough the wonderful people who bravely shared their stories to me, they are real inspirations in my eyes and I have the upmost respect for them. Being able to create something so close to not only my heart but thousands of others really made this project so worthwhile. It has only recently gone on youtube but was created about 2 months ago, I have had messages from people who got to watch the film before the online premier telling me how much it helped them, this is exactly why I made this film, for the suffers who don't have a voice.Mental health is portrayed very negatively in media, this is why I felt the need to create this film, to show the truth that television, online and newspapers sweep under the rug. I am planning on working with the festival again next year and producing more mental health films, never have I been more proud of a project or more grateful to work with such wonderful people. I hope you enjoy this film as much as I did making it, please spread the word and get publicity for next years showings and remember if you are a sufferer NEVER give up, and to those who aren't support those in need where you can and help shake this stigma and discrimination, then maybe we can make a real difference. Thank You


No comments:

Post a Comment